The Rosary is a powerful sacramental against evil. Satan hates it. It makes him run away, as a coward. It is also a great form of meditation. We meditate on the life of Jesus as seen through the eyes of His mother, Our Mother Mary. No body knows someone the same was as their mother. In praying the Rosary, we get a unique view of Jesus, the view of how His mother sees Him.
Mary even gave 15 Promises to those who recite the Rosary daily. She gave them to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan in the 13th century. Here they are:
- To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces.
- Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive signal graces.
- The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
- The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.
- Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
- Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.
- I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.
- True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
- What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
- To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.
- Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
These promises are amazingly strong and powerful. In my opinion, praying the Rosary is a way to give yourself lasting joy. It brings you closer to Jesus and Mary. We are created for the Lord and when our hearts rest in the Lord, we are truly satisfied.
Pray the Rosary daily, the world needs it.