My 2015 Predictions…How’d I Do?
With 2015 come and almost gone, it seemed fitting to look back at my predictions from the beginning of the year. Without further ado, I present to you my results:
- The Synod on the Family will be a complete and utter disaster. It will be so poor and awful, 2014′s Synod will appear as child’s play. The Synod of the Family ended up being a complete, utter disaster. The final document that was voted on by the Synod Fathers did not quote Pope St. John Paul II on how those who are divorced, remarried, or actively homosexual are not allowed to receive The Holy Eucharist. It also was revealed later on that the final document and the outcome of the Synod had already been written up months before the Synod. Those Synod Fathers who were petitioned to walk out said that they were needed and necessary to prevent further destruction from occurring. PASS.
- Pope Francis will make several poor bishop appointments in the US which will promote liberals. Pope Francis appointed Father Robert Barron to be an Auxiliary Bishop of Los Angeles. While Bishop Barron has done a lot of good in the Church, he subscribes to several heresies that have been condemned by the Church. However, I do not know of any prominent liberals who were appointed, so I will have to give myself a fail here. FAIL.
- The FFI will be further persecuted. Their case will either be left in limbo, or they will be accused of “heresy”. The ruling has not been passed on the FFI either way, although reports are circulating that the FFI was not found guilty of doing anything wrong, and all of their property must be returned immediately. FAIL.
- Catholicism will further be suppressed from within and outside the Church. Tradition will be suppressed in all corners as much as possible. Pope Francis mocked Catholics all year, calling them rabbits and a slew of other insults. PASS.
- The Traditional Latin Mass will grow in some areas, and will be hindered in others. I have not heard much of either the TLM getting smaller or bigger. FAIL.
- Novelty will continue to be embraced as ” the only way to grow the Church”. Matthew Kelly books are being distributed still at Easter and Christmas. Rebuilt and Praise and Worship are being encouraged. PASS.
- I will blog more than The Old Evangelization. PASS.
- Pope Francis will no longer be Pope. As of this posting, Pope Francis is still the Pope, though there is some question as to the validity of his election, thanks to Cardinal Danneels. Psalm 108:8 “May his days be few, and another his Bishopric take.” FAIL.
This year, I managed to get 4/8 of my predictions right. 50% is not bad, and this was my best year, though, with some of these predictions, I don’t think I should be proud of that.